December 2010 - Report on MILKING BUFFALO MICROLOAN PROJECT- PHASE III (Seven buffaloes) - RWDT, Salem, Tamil Nadu.
In Decemeber 2010, AIMS India Foundation gave microloan for buying seven buffaloes.
Location of Project- NGO in TamilNadu which co-ordinates the project
Rural Women Development Trust (RWDT)
Mrs. Alamelu Bannan, Managing Trustee,
Tharamangalam village, Salem dt,TamilNadu, India
Total funding from AIMS India Foundation,USA = Rs.84,000
Revolving Fund from previous loan repayments(from AIMS Chennai)= rs.60,000
Funds from AIMS India foundation,USA= rs.24,000 (Individual donors-$200+$265 , AIMS India central fund$40)
Microloan amount given per lady:
Microloan amount per lady: Rs.12,000
Seven ladies (Seven buffaloes, one each)
Rs.12,000 x 7=Rs.84,000
Cost of milking buffalo is Rs.15,000.
Each lady brought down payment for rs.3000 from their bank savings.
Loan given was rs.12,000 only
List of Beneficiary ladies –Seven ladies-Phase III:
1.Uchammal ,W/o.Perumal,Vanavasi 3rd ward, AR street, Vanavasi Po, Mettur Tk,Salem
2. K. Palaniyammal W/o. Karuppan,Vanavasi 3rd ward, Ar street, Vanavasi Po, Mettur
3. K. Arayee W/o.Kandhasamy,Pudhupalayam Colony, Thevur Po, Omalur Tk, Salem dt
4. V. Chittayee W/o.Vediyappan,Ellayur AR Colony, Ellayur Po, Omalur Tk, Salem Dt.
5. Paramachi W/o.Palani,Ellayur AR Colony, Ellayur Po, Omalur Tk, Salem Dt.
6. Alamelu W/o. Gopal,Ellayur AR Colony, Ellayur Po, Omalur Tk, Salem Dt.
7. Pavayee W/o. Madhu,Ellayur AR Colony, Ellayur Po, Omalur Tk, Salem Dt.
Terms and Conditions-Microloan Repayment
Every month, seven women will repay Rs.1000 to RWDT
Mrs. Alamelu Bannan of RWDT will collect Rs.1000 x 7 =Rs.7000.
Start date of Repayment: Jan 25, 2011
End Date of Repayment: Dec 25,2011
TOTAL number of BUFFALOES given by AIMS INDIA during year 2009,and year 2010
Sept,2009= 5 buffaloes
Feb, 2010= 3 buffaloes
Dec, 2010= 7 buffaloes
Total= 15 buffaloes
Ladies of RURAL WOMEN DEVELOPMENT TRUST, thanks AIMS INDIA FOUNDATION and INDIVIDUAL DONORS for their kind help in providing interest free,collateral free micro loan for purchasing milking buffaloes. By selling milk they earn rs.3000-rs.3500 per month. This increases their family income and gives financial empowerment.
Photos of this Project can be viewed at:
Click Here For Photos
- Reported by Aruna Sethupathi.